March 2, 2016
Since 1982 Baronmead have been supplying easily transportable stairclimbers with some of our units able to carry various wheelchair types.
The Baronmead range of Stairclimbers Scalamobil, Scalacombi, Stairmatic can all be supplied as Paediatric versions as well as adult.
- Quality of life and more mobility. Stairclimbing allows you to overcome virtually all stair/step obstacles at home and out and about.
- Care attendant operators needs little physical effort as these devices are powered and can be operated effortlessly and safely.
- People with reduced mobility are transported safely and comfortably up and downstairs.
- Baronmead & Alber stairclimbers are battery powered and can operate on stairs as well as wheeled on level ground.
- Due to their compact dimensions and fold-able foot rests, they are easy to manoeuvre even on very narrow stair cases or winding stairs.
- Scalambobil, Scalacombi, Stairmatic stairclimbers function on all kinds of floor coverings such as wood, stone, metal, carpet or most other flooring.
- These stairclimbers are easily dismantled and transported in virtually any car – ready for use at your destination.
- Ideal in respite circumstances.
- Baronmead stairclimbers can help organisations avoid bed blocking and provide immediate care at home.
February 29, 2016
A company that owns a group of care homes in Berkshire has recently purchased from Baronmead two Alber Scalamobil S35 wheelchair stairclimbers to assist residents in moving people up & down stairs when their passenger lifts are not working. They chose the Alber Scalamobil S35 from Baronmead because of the flexibility & ease of use, as it is fully mobile they can share the unit around the group of care homes when their lifts are not working allowing residents carry on as normal, in the past when they haven’t had the stair climbers residents can’t leave their rooms & can miss hospital appointments.
Baronmead have been supplying powered mobile stair climbers since the early 1980’s and are pleased to be working in partnership with this group of care homes.
Full details of the unit are on the following link including video, technical data & a stair suitability guide; https://www.baronmead.com/portfolio/scalamobil-s35/